Sparkling Snowflake Cookies
December 6, 2017
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- Assorted colored sugars, candy sprinkles
- Small candies or decorator icings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine half the dry cake mix with butter, egg and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly with large spoon. Stir in remaining cake mix and oats; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. On well-floured surface, using a well-floured rolling pin, roll each half to no more than 4-inch thickness. Cut dough with 3-inch snowflake or other large holiday cookie cutter. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set (centers may still be soft). Carefully remove to wire rack; cool completely. If desired, decorate cookies.